LC Lifestyle PTY Limited is the Exclusive Franchisee of OSIM International Ltd in Australia. In keeping with our Value of Respect, LC Lifestyle PTY Limited (Trading as “OSIM Australia”) recognises the importance of the privacy of individuals who have dealings with OSIM Australia, such as customers, suppliers and employees. OSIM Australia is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles, to the extent required by the Privacy Act 1988. This policy outlines how OSIM Australia collect, use and manage personal information.
1.1 Personal information OSIM Australia Collects
OSIM Australia collects personal information where reasonably necessary for its functions and activities. Personalinformation that OSIM Australia may hold includes the following:
- name, address and contact details;
- date of birth;
- employment and income details;
- bank account details;
- details of the products and services provided to an individual by OSIM Australia;
- details of an individual’s dealings with OSIM Australia, including records of telephone, email and online
- credit-related personal information (see section 1.4 below).
OSIM Australia collects personal information directly from an individual where reasonable and practical. OSIM Australia may also collect such information from other sources, including:
- other entities who provide services to OSIM Australia related to the products and services provided to an
- individual by OSIM Australia;
- publicly available sources of information;
- an individual’s representatives (e.g. spouse, professional adviser);
OSIM Australia collects, uses and discloses personal information generally to provide an individual with products and services requested, and to respond to queries. OSIM Australia may also use personal information to make an individual aware of OSIM Australia’s other products and services or offerings provided by OSIM Australia in conjunction with its business partners or associates. OSIM Australia may not be able to do these things without the individual’s personal information. OSIM Australia may also collect, use and disclose personal information in connection with potential or actual unlawful activity, misconduct or transfers of OSIM Australia’s business or assets.
OSIM Australia understands the importance of keeping personal information private and only discloses such information to third parties in limited circumstances. Third parties with whom OSIM Australia usually exchanges information include:
- credit providers and credit reporting agencies;
- an individual’s representatives;
- OSIM Australia’s professional advisers including legal, accounting, auditing and business consulting advisers;
- government and regulatory authorities;
- mailing and delivery services;
- billing and debt recovery functions;
- customer injury services;
- marketing functions;
- website data management and technology services.
1.4 Credit-Related Personal Information
OSIM Australia sometimes provides products and services to customers on credit. In connection with this credit, OSIM Australia does in some cases handle certain consumer credit-related personal information described below (credit-related personal information), including information from credit reporting bodies (CRBs). For example, OSIM Australia may handle this information in providing credit to sole traders, or where individuals such as directors provide personal guarantees for credit OSIM Australia provides to their companies.
OSIM Australia may collect and hold any types of credit-related personal information about an individual permitted under the Privacy Act, including:
- name, sex, date of birth, driver’s licence number, employer and three most recent addresses;
- confirmation of previous information requests to CRBs made by other credit providers and credit insurers about the individual;
- details of previous credit applications, including the amount and type of credit and credit limit;
- details of current and previous credit arrangements, including credit providers, start/end dates and certain terms and conditions;
- permitted payment default information, including information about related payment arrangements and subsequent repayment;
- information about serious credit infringements (e.g. fraud);
- information about adverse court judgments and insolvency;
- publicly available information about the individual’s credit worthiness;
- any credit score or credit risk assessment indicating a CRB’s or credit provider's analysis of the individual’s eligibility for consumer credit.
OSIM Australia may disclose credit-related personal information to CRBs to assist the CRBs to maintain information about individuals to provide to other credit providers for credit assessments. OSIM Australia may collect credit-related personal information from CRBs for purposes including, to the extent permitted by law, to assess relevant credit or guarantee applications, manage and review the credit or guarantee, assign debts, collect overdue payments and produce assessments and ratings in respect of the individual’s credit worthiness. OSIM Australia may also exchange credit-related personal information with guarantors, debt buyers and other credit providers.
The CRBs OSIM Australia may use include:
- Veda, PO Box 964 North Sydney 2059, www.mycreditfile.com.au, 1300 762 207;
- Credit Works Australia, Suite 1218, 100 Walker Street, North Sydney, NSW, 2060,
www.creditworks.com.au, firstname.lastname@example.org, (02) 8188 2363.
- use their credit-related personal information to determine their eligibility to receive direct marketing from credit providers; and
- use or disclose their credit information, if they have been or are likely to be a victim of fraud.
1.5 How OSIM Australia Stores Personal Information
OSIM Australia stores personal information at its own premises and with the assistance of its service providers. OSIM Australia maintains strict procedures and standards and takes a range of steps to prevent unauthorised access to, or disclosure of, personal information and protect an individual’s information from misuse or loss. Once an individual’s information is no longer needed by OSIM Australia, reasonable steps are taken to destroy or de-identify it.
1.6 Accessing and Updating Personal Information
In most cases an individual can gain access to or update personal information held by OSIM Australia. To make a request to access or update personal information held by OSIM Australia, contact OSIM Australia in writing. OSIM Australia may need to verify your identity. OSIM Australia may charge a fee to cover the cost of retrieving and copying requested information.
1.7 Complaints and Further Information
Further information may be obtained about how OSIM Australia manages personal information from the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). If an individual believes that OSIM Australia has breached its privacy obligations or that individual’s privacy rights in any way, a complaint can be made to the Privacy Officer (see contact details below). OSIM Australia will endeavour to act promptly in response to a complaint.
1.8 OSIM Australia Contact Details
Please contact OSIM Australia about privacy-related issues by post, facsimile or email:
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 8386
Parramatta Westfield NSW 2150
1.9 Updates to this Policy